Ude Catholic Church was built by Georgian Catholics in 1904-1906 on the site of a former Orthodox church. This is one of the five temples disputed between the Georgian Orthodox Church and the Catholic Church in Georgia. In 2012, construction and renovation of this monastery complex began in the vicinity of the Church of the Virgin Mary. A new fence was erected for the church along with a bell tower, a refectory, rooms and shops. During the construction, details of medieval Georgian architecture and fragments of tombstones were found around the temple, which are now arranged on the south facade of the temple.
Near the church there is a nunnery where the nuns produce wine, jerkie, snail marinade and other traditional Meskhetian dishes. They offer master-classes in Meskhetian cuisine and wine-tasting. For more information please contact us directly.